Friday, November 16, 2007

Little Miss Muffet - Modern Day Version!

Blythe is now 16 months old, and just the best little person around! She knows what she likes and what she wants, and conversely what she doesn't like and doesn't want. One of the many things she's "into" right now is sitting. Yes, sitting. She loves to sit at the big table like a big person, sit in people's laps, sit on the couch like a lady, and she especially loves to sit on anything that is just her height. I stopped into a Tuesday Morning for the first time today (love it!) and found, to my delight, the most perfect Christmas present for Blythe! Before my very eyes, gleaming in the store lights, was a 3 foot tall PINK hippo chair. Papa Beecher had planned on getting Blythe a seat of her own for Christmas, and I knew this would more than fit the bill. I had her try it out, and she literally laughed out loud with glee. (Good thing she's at the age where she won't remember it come Christmas morning!) So, with the pink hippo riding shotgun as we drove home the old Mother Goose rhyme "Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet...." came through my mind, and I found myself modernizing it. It goes a little something like this: "Little Miss Blythe sat on her hippo eating her goldfish crackers. Along came a kitty who was ever so pretty, and Miss Blythe chased the kitty away." This rambling is evidence of 1. lack of sleep, and 2. too much coffee!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable . . . and completely fabulous! Amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard reading this story. I can just see you driving down the road now with a hippo in the front seat! 2months and we finally get to you you all!!!!